We are not working together well to solve our predicaments:
- Peace eludes us
- Consensus of direction/solution is hard to attain
- Environmental responsibility is slow and tenuous
- Societal needs continue to plague our communities – locally, nationally, internationally
- Self-interest remains a primary objective
These ongoing adult outcomes are the end result of education; these outcomes are the ultimate assessment point.
Current adults were never given the action component in education – never experienced the inspiration that evolves from seeing the outcomes of education applied to real life problem solving – never learned to work together cooperatively to problem solve serious world issues.
When asked, our youth tell us they want real life involvement, but we
- Keep them isolated – with no role to play
- Give them no voice – no input on their education
We need to start at the root – with our youngest – to strengthen their growth with:
- Engagement in their communities
- Leadership roles – place them at the forefront
- A well-conceived path of contribution through graduation
- The joy of accomplishment that inspires them to do more
Gather the puzzle pieces and create with existing components:
service learning, social entrepreneurs, community based organizations, youth, teachers, parents, community members, technology
Create a bold, large-scale, initiative that accomplishes our real world objectives. We can create from an overview perspective, restore national pride, and empower our youth to find their American identity. It’s a “Yes, We Can” opportunity.